Things to do in Nepal
Nepal is a very beautiful country and there are many reasons why you should travel to Nepal. Every year, millions of tourists visit Nepal for many reasons. In this article, I want to show you the different Nepal attractions and list of things you can do while in Nepal.
Nepal is a beautiful country located in South Asia with many attractive cities and historical sites. While many tourists go to Nepal for religious reasons, many more just visit Nepal for fun and relaxation. For whatever reasons that you choose in visiting Nepal, there will be plenty of what to do in Nepal. Hopefully, by the time you are done reading this article, you will be ready to pack your bags and travel down to Nepal.
Are you thinking of things to do in Nepal? Here are some things you can do while in the beautiful country:
1. Visit the Himalayas Mountain: You have probably seen pictures of the Himalayas Mountain and their aesthetic beauty, but the glory of the Himalayas Mountain in pictures is nothing compared to when you visit. The Himalayas is a place to visit in Nepal. While visiting Nepal, many tourists have described going to the Himalayas Mountain as some of the best experiences of their lives when they travel to Nepal. While you are on the Himalayas Mountain, you can bike and hike, you can mingle with the local residents and eat their food or enjoy the choice drinks of the natives.
In winter, the Himalayas is covered with a lot of snow. The melting snow in spring and summer provide a unique sight which can only be witnessed on the Himalayas Mountain. This provides photographers with a unique privilege of capturing with their lenses rare photos. It is one of the major Nepal attractions.
The Annapurna Circuit trek, which is one of the longest of such in the world is another favorite activity of many tourists. When you join on this trek, you have the opportunity of walking with other tourists from around the world, also walk on grounds that are revered.
Similar to the Annapurna circuit trek is the Everest Base camp trek. Just as the name sounds, you can have the rare opportunity of walking at the base of the tallest mountain in the world while in Nepal. Getting to the Zenith of Everest may not be your dream (A reason why many around the world have been visiting Nepal for years), you can at least walk at the foot of the mountain. Seeing the magnificence of this mountain is a memory to cherish for a lifetime.
2. Visit Historical cities in Nepal: Nepal is filled with many beautiful and historical cities. The cities of Nepal may not look like the typical cities of New York or Los Angeles, but they are unique in their own way. While visiting Nepal, touring the cities of the country will definitely be a worthy adventure. It is one of the best things to do in Nepal. For example, Kathmandu is the largest city in Nepal filled with many ancient wonders. Kathmandu is often referred to as the city of temples because the city has many Hindu temples. This city also contains five historical sites that tourists can visit and relish. It is a good place to visit in Nepal.
Other cities which are Nepal attractions include Pokhara, Lalitpur, Ghorahi, Janakpur etc. Each of these cities has hospitable Nepalese who are grateful that you visit and are ready to show you around (tourist guides often charge a small fee).
Annual Hindu festivals have always attracted so many people to these cities for many years. Nepal is the birthplace of Buddha. These festivals are fun and exciting, you are likely to witness lots of singing and dancing.
Hence, if you are looking for adventure when you travel to Nepal, then you may choose to go on a tour of the different and unique cities of Nepal.
3. Chitwan National park: Chitwan National Park is a UNESCO heritage site and one of the most significant Nepal attractions. It is one of the few undisturbed natural habitats in the world. It is located at the foot of the Himalayas Mountains, this provides an opportunity for multiple activities for tourists while visiting the park. The park is filled with various species of rare plants and animals that tourists can see and appreciate. While in this park when visiting Nepal, you are going to enjoy being guided by knowledgeable attendants who provide you with the rich history of the many different plants and animals.
It is always a wonder to see plants and animals in their natural space. This park has drawn the attention of the world for many years. Recently, there has been an increase of tourists who visit this park, which shows the satisfaction that tourists derive whenever they visit the park. The park is an attractive place to visit in Nepal.
Overall, the Chitwan National park is a go-to place whenever you choose to visit Nepal. Around the park are hotels which you can book for affordable fees. This park is a major place to visit in Nepal.
4. Relaxation in natural hot springs: Nepal has many natural hot springs, hot springs are major Nepal attractions you must see while visiting Nepal. Relaxing in natural hot springs is a favorite activity of some tourists. Natural hot springs make your body unwind in a manner that a warm bathroom bath cannot. Hence, when you visit Nepal, you have the opportunity of giving yourself this luxury. Many tourists seem to enjoy this activity, it is a common sight in Nepal to see many tourists around the different natural springs in the country, especially with their family. So why not book your next vacation trip to Nepal, travel to Nepal if you have had enough of sun and beaches? Any Hot spring spot is a place to visit in Nepal.
5. Visit the Buddhist Temples: Nepal is almost synonymous with Buddhist temples. There are so many of them. Even if you are not religious, you are bound to enjoy the sights of these temples or the way worship is done in them. One of the things to do in Nepal ought to be a visit to one of the biggest Buddhist temples in the country, for example, the Boudhanath Stupa and Swayambhunath Temple in Kathmandu.
The Swayambhunath Temple is one of the oldest Buddhist temples in Nepal and is revered as a very holy site for worshippers. Millions of Buddhists visit these temples every year for worship. There are many steps leading up to the temple which provides tourists an opportunity for physical activity. In the temple and around the temple are many fascinating architectures. Many materials used in the building of these architectures are said to be more than two thousand years old. You will not just be fascinated by the interesting designs of the temple, you will also be intrigued knowing you are seeing some of the oldest pieces of wood and clay the world has ever seen. The temple is an interesting place to visit in Nepal.
The Boudhanath Stupa, on the other hand, is another world heritage site filled with attraction and wonder, a significant Nepal attraction. If you choose to visit during the time of the Losar festival, then you are likely to witness firsthand the full energy of the Tibetan Buddhism. Boudhanth Stupa is a very tall structure surrounded by many different temples. There are symbols of eyes all around the structure which you can see from any angle that you approach the stupa.
As a tourist, you might be interested in the many shops that surround the Bhoudhanath which sell lots of souvenirs and relics. The Boudhanath Stupa is a choice place for many photographers, especially during the Buddhist festivals. They are able to capture some of the world’s rarest moments.
There is no doubt that your mind will be greatly fascinated if you choose to visit any of these temples while visiting Nepal. These experiences are bound to give you lifetime memories. A Buddhist temple is a fascinating place to visit in Nepal.
6. Local food: Are you still thinking of what to do in Nepal? While visiting Nepal, there is nothing that can compare to tasting new foods and cuisines. It is no different when you visit Nepal. Food is an important Nepal attraction. Nepal has so many delicacies that tourists have relished for years. It is a common experience of most tourists to still seek Nepalese foods even when they are in other parts of the world. Perhaps it is not just the food, but the way they are served. If you check in to any Nepalese restaurant, you are likely to be served good Nepalese food with lots of warmth and smile. This makes you enjoy not just the food but also the hospitability.
Some of the Nepalese foods to relish include Momo, Pulao, Sel Roti, Thukpa etc. When you visit Nepal, you are bound to discover the details of this food and while they are so special. But one thing is guaranteed, leave your food at home when visiting Nepal, except you are on some strictly recommended diet. Otherwise, enjoy the amazing and mouth-watering dishes while visiting Nepal.
7. Rafting and paragliding: Trekking, climbing, and biking are not the only things to do in Nepal. Nepal offers you the opportunity for many outdoor activities which includes rafting and paragliding. Either you choose to travel down a waterfront or you choose to paraglide over low mountains, you are assured of lots of fun while visiting Nepal. Paragliding is a Nepal attraction because of the beautiful mountains.
These activities become much more fun when you enjoy them in the company of other tourists, especially those from other parts of the world. Many new friendships have been made while rafting over waters or paragliding in the air. It is a great source of fun when you travel to Nepal.
If you would rather not join activities that require some level of intensity, then this next point is for you.
8. Yoga practice: For a long time, Nepal has been known as the home of Yoga. Yoga is an important Nepal attraction. Perhaps this is because of Yoga or meditations a natural part of the predominant religions in Nepal. Yoga might not be as physically intense as other sports such as climbing, jumping, and rafting, yet it not any less productive and rewarding. Yoga retreats and meditative centers are on the rise in Nepal. Millions of people now visit Nepal not just for its beauty and wonder but also for yoga. It is commonplace to find hotels offering yoga as part of the services, sometimes it costs extra charges. Whichever way, you can easily join a yoga retreat in Nepal and have an awesome experience. Yoga is not just for the spiritually sensitive, yoga is for everyone to enjoy. It does not matter what your race or background is, but you are bound to enjoy fine yoga while visiting Nepal.
9. Helicopter view of Nepal: Okay, if biking is not for you, neither is yoga, how about a helicopter view of the tallest mountain in the world as well as surrounding mountains. There is absolutely nothing as picturesque as the mountain of Everest in winter, covered in snow. The surrounding mountains also offer no less of a beautiful sight. While you are in the helicopter, you are able to see an aerial view that is unique and peculiar to visiting Nepal. You can also take pictures that will always serve as a reminder of your time around the tallest mountain in the world.
10. Meet the Nepalese: A highlight of visiting Nepal is the hospitality of the Nepalese. Nepalese are some of the most hospitable and warm people in the world. Though Nepal has been through a lot in her recent history, part of which was an earthquake that happened several months ago, yet the people of Nepal are very warm and hospital people.
While trekking around the Himalayas or other trekking routes in Nepal, some tourists have had the privilege of spending the night with local residents. Indeed, you are likely to find many residents offering you their beds for the night for a little fee. You are also going to enjoy home-cooked meals by these fine Nepalese. It is interesting that though Nepalese have faced adversity, this has not affected their attitude towards tourists and strangers.
When you visit Nepal, you are likely to make more friends than you have ever made in time past.
From your time in visiting the temples, which are all Nepal attractions to your activities around the mountains, the wonderful time in the park, the many persons you are likely to meet in yoga, no doubt that you will always be surrounded by new friends that will seem like family.
So if you are someone who is really scared of traveling alone, Visiting Nepal might be an ideal advice for you, because you will never be alone. Nepalese will always offer you their smile and heart. Ask anyone who has been to Nepal, you are likely to find a lot of people who had a great time with the Nepalese.
This has proven true because Nepal has seen many tourists return to the country after being there once. A lot of people have also made visiting Nepal a yearly routine. For some others, it is the religious advantages of Nepal that as kept them calling.
Whoever you are and wherever you are, Nepal is for you. Nepal offers something to everyone that they will always enjoy. What is more? Your memories in Nepal are going to last you for a lifetime. So when you are thinking of where next to visit, definitely think about Nepal. Now you know what to do in Nepal.